Click here to download information as a PDF
50kv 10ma Model C-.5 & CG-.5
60kv 7ma Model C-.5+ & CG-.5+
100kv 5ma Model C-1 & CG-1
170kv 3ma Model C-1.5+ & CG-1.5+
Each VON Model C test set consists of a corona free high voltage base cabinet, a control box, a sectionalized discharge stick, and a protective output resistor.
High Voltage Base Cabinet
|50KV and 60KV UNIT||100KV||170KV UNIT|
|Length||21.25" (54.0cm)||21.25" (54.0cm)||21.25" (54.0cm)|
|Width||10.5" (26.7cm)||10.50" (26.7cm)||10.50" (26.7cm)|
|Height||18.5" (46.3cm)||25.50" (65.0cm)||39.50" (100.3cm)|
|Weight||40 pounds (18.1kg)||54 pounds (24.5kg)||75 pounds (34kg)|
|Output||negative polarity||negative polarity||negative polarity|
|Continuous||10ma to 50kv |
7ma to 60kv
|5ma to 100kv |
4ma to 120kv
|3ma to 170kv|
|Intermittent||20ma to 42kv||10ma to 84kv||10ma to 84kv|
|Ripple||Less than 1% as ordinarily used.|
|Material||Red polyester fiberglass with metal base|
Each High Voltage Base Cabinet Contains:
- A 625 volt amp, 110v to 20kv or 220v to 20kv (Option E), air-insulated, epoxy-impregnated, high voltage transformer.
- A Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier circuit specially engineered for this particular application.
- A kilovoltmeter multiplier resistor connected directly to the high voltage guard circuit. This gives direct voltage measurement of the high voltage output with accuracy of +/- 2% of full scale.
- A magnetically and electrostatically shielded and guarded output meter assembly in the HIGH VOLTAGE LEAD with ranges of 0-100 microamp and 0-1 milliamp. Each meter is individually protected by a special bypass circuit. Range changing is accomplished automatically. Special ranges can be furnished. This assembly is replaced by a multirange 0-10 microammeter in the control box in the Model CG. The overlapping ranges are 0-10/30/100/300/1,000/3,000/10,000/30,000 microamps with resolution to 0.5 microamps and accuracy of +/- 2% of full scale.
- A neon protective tube to limit the kilovoltmeter circuit to 50 volts.
- A high voltage hot guard (non-measured) connection when current metering is provided in the high voltage lead.
- A cold guard (non-measured) connection when current metering is provided in the ground return lead. (Model CG and units with otion D)
- A metal ball suitable for corona free operation at maximum voltage is provided on the output terminal for use on top of the protective output resistor.
These units can be extended to 500KV with VON topping units. The maximum output voltage level is limited by the required output current at that voltage.
|Length||16.25" (41.3cm)||21" (53.3cm)|
|Width||13.50" (34.3cm)||16.75" (42.6cm)|
|Height||8" (20.3cm)||9" (22.9cm)|
|Weight||27.3 lbs. (12.4kg)||35 lbs. (15.9kg)|
|Input||110V to 150V, 50-500 hertz A.C. (grounded) at 4 amps (average) for continuous full-rated output. 8 amp trip-out for approximately 100% overload 240 volt/120 volt 50-500 hertz A.C. is available as OPTION E.|
|Material||Aluminum with black vinyl finish|
Sectionalized Discharge Stick:
Units rated 50kv, 60kv, and 100kv have a stick with an overall length
of 39" (99cm) and consist of two insulating sections, one resistive section(4
megohm for 50kv & 60kv, 7.5 megohm for 100kv & 120kv units), one hook,
one insulating shield, and one ground connecting strap. Units rated 170kv have
a stick with an overall length of 65" (165cm) and consist of three insulating
sections, two resistive sections-7.5 megohms, one hook, one insulating shield,
and one ground connecting strap.
Protective Output Resistor:
LENGTH 19" (48.3cm)
DIAMETER 2-1/2" (6.4cm)
WEIGHT 2-3/4 lbs. (1.3kg)
RATING 1 Megohm 80 watts 100kv